Is my roof strong enough for a green roof?
- This is where its best to consult an architect, structural engineer or a building surveyor. If you go to one of these people if you can provide them with size of the span, the timbers used ie size & structural strength of them. They will normally be able to help for free or a small fee depending on the company or person.
- If you are in the design stage or on a new build you will likely already have one or more of these as a contact and they will be able to make sure the roof will take the weight. Most modern buildings will accept a green roof.
- All our products have saturated weights listed on the page and this is the weight that you need to make sure your roof will take this added weight.
- If you want to put a living roof on to your garden shed or any other small outbuilding that has been bought its best to contact the manufacturer to see what weight it will take.
- Contact us if you have any questions or need any advise on what you need to ask.
- For information on roof spans, joist sizes & weights that they can take please either use the TRADA span tables under section 7 for flat roofs or BS EN 1995 or contact a professional as mentioned above.